Saturday, April 12, 2014

Stencil Splat!


Spent some time the past week playing with my stencils for a recent blog post over at Club Scrap Creates.  You can check it out HERE. As a result, I kind of stumbled upon a "new to me" technique. I don't think I have ever seen anyone do this before. So here is my Stencil Splat idea.

1. Turn your stencil to the back side and then with a juicy Club Scrap® Neon Ink Dabber, splat it down onto the stencil. To get your dabber inky, simply turn it upside down and give it a bit of a squeeze dispensing the ink onto a nonstick surface. I used my acrylic stamping block.

Club Scrap® Graffiti Stencil 

2. Place the inky stencil on to the previously stenciled word ART, being careful to line it up properly.

Double Stencil Technique

3. Apply a bit of pressure to the back of the stencil to ensure the ink is transferred. Carefully lift off stencil.



4. If you have any Neon ink left on your stencil you can create a second stenciled piece.


5. Turn the stencil onto a piece of plain white cardstock. Stencil the word ART using Club Scrap® Peridot Hybrid ink onto the paper.  Make sure to apply pressure on the ink splats to ensure transfer.


Hope you enjoy this fun technique.


4 comments:

  1. I just love all the fun things you can do with mists! Cute technique and card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...awesome technique using the stencils! I love learning new things. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment! I was so pleased to make Tim's Blogworthy Links. I am such a huge fan of his work! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete