Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Club Scrap Hydrangeas Blog Hop!

 photo hydrangeas_hop_badge_rsz_zps8964cf2c.jpg

WELCOME to the Club Scrap Hydrangeas Blog Hop! If you have arrived here from Karen's post then you are absolutely in the right spot, if not hop back over to Club Scrap Creates so you don't miss any of the amazing artwork along the way.


As a youtube fan, I subscribe to a number of talented multi media artists, to keep my creative mojo flowing. Gabrielle Pollacco, is one of those amazing artists.  You can subscribe to her youtube channel HERE. She recently uploaded a video that really inspired me. After watching her create, I immediately could envision the Hydrangeas kit, and my pizza box, being transformed into this beautiful wall hanging. 

Here are some of the steps I took in creating the artwork.

1. Cut apart your pizza box into 6x6 pieces. You will use 3 for this project. I was able to cut 8 pieces from one CS® Pizza Box.



2. Tear pieces of the box off to expose the corrugated texture. 


3. Mix Blue Gelatos with a palette knife into homemade gesso. (I used my Creative Concoctions  Gesso recipe from CS® Retreat 2012).





4. Spread colored gesso on random sections of the cardboard using the palette knife.


5. Print out digital backgrounds from the Hydrangeas Digi Kit on matte photo paper. *Note- I layered the leaves image to a blue background and then tinted them green.


6. Tear and layer pieces of Trees, Hydrangeas, and digital printout papers onto the 3 gessoed corrugated bases.



7. Curl edges easily by adding some water to the back of each piece of torn paper.


8. Ink edges of papers using CS® Hybrid Earth to add depth and to highlight the cardstock textures.


9. Mix up a batch of Gabrielle's Homemade Texture Paste, and apply it using a palette knife and a variety of Club Scrap® masks and stencils. For this project I used Trees, Geometrics, and Time of Your Life.



10. Add a stamped sentiment, some fussy cut letters and leaves, and punched flower clusters to your project for added dimension.






11. Connect your wall art together using Trees raffia fibers and Gabrielle's binding technique.






Hope you enjoyed this project and be sure to watch Gabrielle's video. It is mesmerizing to watch her create.

Next up on the blog hop list is the wonderfully talented Roni at her InkStains Blog!

Other Club Scrap® products used:
Hydrangeas Art Nouveau leaf and sentiment stamps
Textiles and Notions stitches stamp
Collections Script stamp

38 comments:

  1. Julie, you have outdone yourself! Beautiful piece of wall art. The paper hydrangeas at the end are FABU! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over-achiever as usual ;) I am in love with the punched flowers I know it's not complicated but it's one of those things that requires patience, which I am usually low on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, wowza, WOWZA! Another super-fun project made from an upcycled pizza box! The boxes are shipped to your home thinking, "Gee, I wonder what I'll become after I arrive on THIS doorstep!?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you stacked the flowers on two circles to make the hydrangeas. Great idea! This is a cool project, Julie. Thanks for all the inspiration and step-outs. I like the new photo background on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that was a super tip I got from Pinterest!!! Loved it better than my cone shapes.

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful job Julie! You never know when your pizza box is going to transform into something new! I loved all the mixed media in this project, and I'll definitely look into some of that homemade texture paste. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice, I will have to start following her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love the dimension you gave the hydrangeas with the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! What dimension . . . amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! A beautiful wall hanging anyone would love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie,what a beautiful walhanging with so many details and lovely colors.
    Thanks for sharing all the little details on how made it.It will be an eyecatcher on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Julie, and all the tips and tricks you share make me feel even more craft empowered! How fun, I gotta make these dimensional Hydrangeas, and soon! Enjoy that awesome wall hanging! You deserve to sit back and enjoy the view!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be one of the prettiest home decor items I have EVER seen! Just love the colors and textures. Thanks for sharing your creative process, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful. I wish I had your talent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous hanging. I love the hydrangeas and how you made them dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing - you have just outdone yourself again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, this is way over the top! What a beautiful way to showcase our Hydrangea Kit. Did you put something between the circles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlene, thanks. Yes I did, foam adhesive squares.

      Delete
  17. Love it Julie and glad you did the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous piece of art decor and masterfully executed=LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWZA (stolen from Tricia's comment but sooooo appropriate) That you used a pizza box was a wonderful surprise! So clever and so beautiful! I hope you keep it. What a delightful welcoming front hall wall hanging. (maybe you could teach this at a Retreat?) Cheers!
    One of your many fans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your take on this project is beautiful! Your colors flowers and "Love" are great additions. It is so fun that we picked the same inspiration. I did not peek and I did not decide until Saturday to do this project. It just goes to show how different CASE'd projects can be. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Julie! This is an amazing wall hanging. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Outstanding Julie! I love the way you've paid so much attention to detail on this and incorporated so many varied textures. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie...you told me in an email that I would appreciate the project you made for this blog hop and you were right! Your wall hanging is simply stunning. So many little technical details that you have done for this. It's all so beautifully done. I love the corrugated surface peeking out from behind the torn and distress layers of various papers. The little hydrangeas are just amazing! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG!! I love this! Can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julie - that is totally amazing. I love how you did the hydrangea flowers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I am so impressed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know what it is but Club Scrap has beautiful items and the designers like you are terrific turning them into something special. I really, really like your project! thank you for sharing it. -con

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is cool! Texture, colors, up cycling, I love it all!

    Bossann

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome project......going to have to try some of your projects made with all my PB's....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julie this is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Amazing and impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome! Thanks for the links and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous hydrangea trio hanging - beautifully done! Just wanted to (belatedly) pop over and thank you for your visit and kind comment on my Blogworthy link - so much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete