Welcome and I am so glad you are hopping with us today. If you have arrived here from Karen's post at Club Scrap Creates then you are in the right spot. If not, hop there to see what she has created for you and to find a complete listing of participating bloggers.
Now let's get to my project.
1. Spray blue, green and yellow glimmer mists (I made my own using the Creative Concoctions Retreat 2012 recipe cards) onto the Trees stencil. Press the wet stencil onto a piece of watercolor paper. Allow to dry.
2. Cut tree trunk and branch shapes from the Wood Tape. Ink edges with CS® Hybrid Earth ink. Remove backing and adhere to the misted panel.
3. Punch leaves from Random Doorways Brown, Red, and Gold cardstock. Adhere to the panel using CS®Bookbinding Glue.
4. Stamp the Trees Borders & Backgrounds UM quote onto Random Doorways Yellow cardstock in CS® Hybrid Earth ink. Tear along one long edge and distress with Earth ink. Cut a piece of Wood Tape to the same length as the Yellow quote panel and tear lengthwise. Ink the edges to distress. Mat both pieces onto a Random Doorways Red cardstock panel.
5. Mat the artwork onto a piece of cardboard cut from a CS® Pizza Box.
Bonus: Faux Wood Panelling
1. Trim CS® Pizza Box cardboard into four .5x10" strips.
2. Spread a light amount of CS® Bookbinding glue along each strip. Drag the glue, leaving some of the cardstock areas bare. Allow the panelling to dry.
3. Run the CS® Earth Ink pad along the surface of each panel. The glue will act as a resist, thus revealing a faux wood grain texture.
4. Mitre the corners and create a frame around the artwork. Adhere to your finished piece.
Hope you enjoyed this project and enjoy the rest of the Hop!
Your next stop along the way is Roni's INKSTAINS BLOG.